Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

My Weekend

Good afternoon! I had hoped to get this post out earlier this morning, but haven't been feeling the best. On top of that, the little guy seems to be teething again and is already down for his second nap of the day. While today hasn't started out as I had hoped, we had a great weekend, so, lets get the the highlights of that!

Friday night Camden decided to sleep through the night and Mat let me sleep in a little bit too. A little extra sleep always makes for a better mood.


Originally we had planned to take a morning walk, but the above mentioned sleeping in knocked out that idea. Mat and I had talked about upgrading our phones and we made what was supposed to be a quick trip to Verizon that lasted two hours I think. We left with Mat's new phone...the iPhone 6S and mine has been ordered...the iPhone 6S Plus. Yes, it is a huge phone, but I am on mine throughout the day and think I would get a lot of use out of the larger screen. It's not supposed to ship for about a month so I have some time to find a case before it gets here.

Since Verizon put us so far behind on our plans, we actually came back home to eat our "fun food" lunch before heading to the zoo. Before we took off to meet friends at the zoo we did make a quick stop by Starbucks where I got an iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. It wasn't especially warm that day, but it hit the spot!


Once we got to the zoo we walked around for about 3 hours or so enjoying all the animals. We had visited the zoo a few weeks ago and didn't get to see it all so this time we hit up the unseen areas!

The critters in the below photo are kangaroos. There is actually a path that goes around the grassy area where they can hop around right where you walk. We didn't get to see any up close, but we enjoyed watching them.


Once it got to be around 5 o'clock, we decided to head back to the car. Mat and I haven't had a lot of date nights since Camden was born and had asked some friends if they would watch Camden for us. We met them around 6 at the house and headed to eat at Red Lobster. I have to say that seafood is my favorite and I ordered exactly what I was craving...crab legs!


On Sunday we got up a little earlier that usually to check out a new church. I have never felt more welcome at a church! Everyone was SO friendly and welcoming to us. We definitely plan to go back and hopefully attend a Sunday School class. After their service concluded, we headed up the road to a friends church for their service as well.

Sunday afternoon I put together the recipe I mentioned in Friday's blog post. I wanted to be fancy and use an actual recipe template, but I haven't had enough time to figure that it out. I did download one if that counts for anything!

I learned to make this soup in college when the family I lived with part of the time made it. It is so easy and easily customized! I tend to buy the generic brand of canned goods for the most part, but stick with ROTEL and not some off brand. On this batch I combined the following ingredients in my crockpot and let it set on the 6 hour setting until dinner time.



Taco Soup

Ingredients:
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can Black Beans
1 can Pinto Beans
1 can Whole Kernel Corn
1 can Rotel (your preference on heat)
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 package Taco Seasoning

Directions:

1.  Brown 1 lb. of ground beef and drain off grease. 
2.  Combine all ingredients into Crock Pot. Set according to when you will need your meal complete. 
3.  Top as desired.
4.  Enjoy!

I tend to prefer topping mine with shredded cheese, sour cream and pepper flakes. We didn't have any sour cream on hand so I didn't get that, but it was still so delicious and warmed me right up. Skip the spoon and eat it with Fritos or Tostitos to get a good crunch!


That's all I have for today. Camden is already on his third nap (this has taken me four hours to type up with a cranky baby) and will be getting some tylenol when he wakes back up. My mom is coming into town tonight and we head down to south Missouri tomorrow to spend some time with my sister and her husband. I don't know if I will get an opportunity to blog again until Thursday, but I may try to check back in at some point!

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment